[EDI-L Mailing List Archive Home] [Message List] [Reply To This Message]

RE: SCAC code

From: "Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]" <rhurd3@...>
Date: Wed Dec 22, 2004  2:16 pm
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] SCAC code
Call me slow, but I learned something today. I don't work overmuch with
transportation EDI, but I have stood on the shores and skipped some stones
into the deep pool of 204s and 214s -- and never once did it occur to me
that the four letter codes on the sides of those container trucks barreling
down Route 78 in PA were the SCAC codes of the owners of the containers.

Score one for blithe ignorance. :) Thanks.