[EDI-L Mailing List Archive Home] [Message List] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Sample Interface Data File for ASNI (856) for Oracle 11i E-Business suite

From: Giridhar Dittakavi <giri_edi@...>
Date: Mon Oct 24, 2005  4:54 pm
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Sample Interface Data File for ASNI (856) for Oracle 11i E-Business suite
Glad to hear that Kevin,
Let me know if you have any questions..

Thanks,
Giri

Ke Zhang < wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
Hi Giri:

Thanks for the tip. I tried it and works great.

Thanks! Kevin

---------------------------------

From: Giridhar Dittakavi [mailto: Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:28 PM
To: Ke Zhang; Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Sample Interface Data File for ASNI (856) for Oracle 11i
E-Business suite

Kevin,

Here are the tips to get the interface file definition template.

If you have the permissions to ECOMMERCE GATEWAY, click on Interface File
Definition.

Keep the cursor in the transaction column, and press F11 to get the feild in
edit mode.

Type ANSI and press ctrl_F11.

You see the fields with Interface Column, Record Number, Position, Width, Seq,
Layout Code, Layout Qualifier and Rules.

Place the cursor in the Interface Column and click on File to export the file
into EXCEL.

Page down until you export all the fields.

Hope this helps you in getting the template. Let me know if you have any
questions on configuration, or needed the application format for Oracle 11i for
mapping.

Good luck,

Giri

kezhangkezhang < wrote:

Hi All:

Currently, I am working on implementing 856/ASNI/DESADV inbound Ship
Notice/Manifest EDI with a supplier within Oracle 11i ERP system.
This is the first inbound EDI program we are going to develop in my
company. The EDI standard we are using is X12 version 4010. The EDI
translator software we are using is GENTRAN. I have another guy (who
is doing the EDI translator) working with me together on this.

Can anybody share me with a sample Interface Data File for ASNI 856
that can be processed by Oracle 11i vanilla "IN: Ship Notice/Manifest
(856/DESADV)" import program? I searched Metalink and google and
can't find any such example.

Also, is there an easy way to create a map file in GENTRA for 856
ASNI for Oracle 11i E-commerce gateway? We are going to use out of
box ASNI interface File Definition template in our Oracle 11i ERP.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kevin

.
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>,
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L

Business to business

Computer internet security

Training computer and internet