[EDI-L Mailing List Archive Home] [Message List] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Passive FTP on a Windows FTP Client

From: Alice Raia <aliceraia@...>
Date: Fri Sep 12, 2003  11:23 pm
Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Passive FTP on a Windows FTP Client
Todd -

I've had issues in the past with the FTP site I was trying to connect to not
even letting me log in unless the "passive" switch was turned on when executing
the "FTP" command.

If you can't log in, you can't set the passive mode.

I e-mailed John privately, but I have found no way to set the "passive" switch
from the command line in Windows, and I have spoken to a few seasoned Windows
programmers about it. If there is a way, I was talking to the wrong people.....

In the past, I have ended up taking one of 2 approaches; using a UNIX box to
execute the FTP file transfer or use a 3rd party tool (like WS-FTP Pro).

Alice Raia

Loren Data Tech Support < wrote:
John:

Once you have connected, then logged in use the following command from the
Windows FTP command line client:

LITERAL PASV

That should do it.

Regards